Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Catching Up

Dear Friends 💕

It has been a most intense several months for me. Perhaps you might be feeling the same way--whether you are in the U.S. or not--you may be thinking our election season has brought with it concern for what's to come. There is a foreboding as this year comes to an end. My comfort zone with our current President is about to end, and I feel a new anxiety; a sense of dread. I am working on these negative feelings and easing myself out of them to a place of renewed creativity.  I hope you'll find a way to work through your fears, too, if you have any. I would love to hear your thoughts, and how you plan to, or have been getting through these uncertain times.

~~~

On a bright note, a new personal essay of mine 
was published in WildflowerMuse , a fine creative e-magon Nov. 4th. It's a sweet story from my hippie days, and I hope you like it! 🍓

Fragaria vesca - Wild Strawberries


It's the 2nd non-fiction/memoir piece I've been thrilled to have published in WildflowerMuse.
The first was published April 1st, 2016

Nana under Trellis


Me, the Garden Shadow











~~~

I'm also pleased to tell you that I have self-published the story of the brain trauma I suffered at age 57. It's a personal essay; a short book on both Kindle and in print. If you are also a survivor, or have a family member who has had a stroke, or is a caretaker, it might help you. Please pick it up, and let me know what you think here and on an Amazon review.  Thank you! 

                Stroke Story: My Journey There and Back


Please come visit me again soon! Happy and productive days ahead!  Mel 💖


And please visit me on Facebook at Coconut Bay Lane, A Writer's Haven